Sunday, May 17, 2015

I Am Blessed

5/17/15

GOD bless you.  You’re blessed and highly favored.  Have a blessed day.  We’ve all used one or all of these phrases at one time or another but I wonder if any of us really understand how profound the word BLESSED really is.  It’s not just another buzz word, or a word we toss around and wait to see where it lands or who it lands on.  It's a word from the word of GOD to be held in high regard.

We’re so busy imparting this word on others that we may not take the time to really examine the word or note the implication on our own lives.  Why do we go out of our way and expend energy to say it to someone else so freely, yet when it comes to ourselves how vocal are we? Could it be that we think someone else deserves to be blessed more that we do?  Or could it be that we don’t believe it ourselves?  When is the last time you said ‘’I AM BLESSED.”

GOD extends HIS blessings to all.  HIS blessing is offered to all regardless of age or race or ethnicity.  There are no boundaries.  When we really know we are blessed we won’t say it under our breath but we’ll begin to shout it from the roof tops, “I AM BLESSED.”

In the Bible the word blessed is mentioned 327 times.  The word bless is mentioned 127 times.  And the word blessing is mentioned 67 times.  The word blessed represents GOD’s relationship with HIS children/HIS people that spans from the beginning of time.  When GOD called Abram to go to the Promised Land (Genesis 12:1-3), He promised to bless him, make his name great, and through him he blessed millions. In Genesis 22:16-18, GOD again blesses Abram due to his obedience to GOD's commands.

GOD has given us a gift that no one else can give us.  To be blessed is our inheritance through the blessings that are eternal.  This is what a prominent female Bible teacher says I am blessed means:  I am Bountifully Loved Extravagantly Saved Supplied Empowered Delivered.  BLESSED!    

This is what I AM BLESSED has come to mean to me just in my writing this blog.  For those of you have been following my blog, I’ve said on more than one occasion, the message at times is for me first before I can even post it for you; this is one of those times.  Since writing this blog I have come to view these words in a different manner.  I AM BLESSED is more than 3 words that I say.  It’s a reality check for my spirit.  It’s the foundation that I can use to stand on and receive what GOD has for me.  It’s a testimony of fact, not fiction.  It’s a statement of faith that reminds me that GOD is with me.  It gives me strength when I’m weak.  It’s a proclamation of trust.  Every breath I take, every move I make, every opportunity to live and shine for HIM my blessing.  When I think about where I’ve been, what I’ve come through, how I was able to get through and who brought me through the health scares, financial issues, things and people that had me in bondage, losses and life's painful defeats I must declare, I’m blessed beyond measure.  I don’t make a six figure salary or live in a mansion or drive a big fancy car but I AM STILL BLESSED.  HE loves me, HE loves you and that in itself is the ultimate blessing and promise.

Every single day, there’s something to give thanks for.  Life is something that should remind each of us of how blessed we are regardless of where we are or what we're going through victory is just a prayer away. We are HIS people, we are HIS children, WE ARE BLESSED beloved.  Every day when we get up let’s begin our day by saying, “I AM (Bountifully Loved Extravagantly Saved Supplied Empowered Delivered)  BLESSED but this time, say it and believe it with all of our heart.  Begin saying it this week, everyday with boldness.  Just think how mad the enemy will be if we all start our day, go through our day and end our day saying “I AM BLESSED” living our lives like the blessed children of GOD that we are.  

The Bible says:   
James 1:25

But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does.
John 10:10

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
Philippians 4:19

And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Deuteronomy 15:10

"You shall generously give to him, and your heart shall not be grieved when you give to him, because for this thing the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in all your undertakings.
Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Isaiah 41:10

'Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.'
I AM BLESSED!
GOD BLESS 

No comments:

Post a Comment